Tuesday, March 6, 2012

How do you skip the opening sequence in Battlefield 2?

When I start Battlefield 2, I often have to wait 2 minutes because the opening scene is being played. I have tried clicking the mouse and pressing buttons on the keyboard, but the movie continues to be played. How do I skip the opening scene?How do you skip the opening sequence in Battlefield 2?
haha it toke me forever to figure that out but you just have to press the escape key (Esc) and it will skip it lolHow do you skip the opening sequence in Battlefield 2?
I don't own BF2 but I believe I might be able to help you. Before you do any of the changes I'm about to give you I strongly recommend you back up any file.



Go to your BF2 install directory (It's probably something like C:/Program Files/EA Games/Battlefield2/) and once in there find the "Movies" folder.



In this folder you should find the following three files:

-EA.bik

-dice.bik

-nvidia_logo.bik



Copy %26amp; paste these files and change their name to include "_backup" (just so you don't lose these). Once this is done create three new text files (Right Click %26gt; New %26gt; Text Document) and rename them exactly like the old files. So now your folder should contain the following files:



-EA.bik (one of the text documents)

-dice.bik (one of the text documents)

-nvidia_logo.bik (one of the text documents)

-EA_backup.bik

-dice_backup.bik

-nvidia_logo_backup.bik



If there are more movies at the startup of the game you might try and experiment with the other bik files to try and find which one it is (from the names in the folder I'm guessing those are the three you need to replace). If you do not replace the files with your text documents then your game will not run and if you modify your init.con file to remove them you will not be able to join any multiplayer games.



I hope this has helped you!

No comments:

Post a Comment